Create handposes MH → blender → Avastar → Opensim

A place for unofficial tutorials posted by MH users

Moderator: joepal

Create handposes MH → blender → Avastar → Opensim

Postby Déesse » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:51 pm

You may have noticed that I had my problems with the original MakeHuman handpose. Well, you can ask for new sliders or features, but you can also try to find out how to manage this problem yourself … :geek:

My way (using MH1.1, Blender 2.76, Avastar 1.59):

1. Model your avatar, apply an expression, add clothes etc. Now save this avatar twice: with the opensim-rig and with the default-rig too.
2. First import your avatar with the default-rig into blender, select the avatar.
3. Select the rig.
4. Activate X-Ray
5. Choose Stick (easier)
6. Select Pose Mode
7. Select the transformation-rotation (curve icon)
8. Now rotate the fingers.
9. Return to Object Mode, select the avatar's body and export it as .obj. No need to save eyeballs or tongue too. Close blender.

handpose1.jpg

10. Open blender once again. Now first import your avatar with the opensim-rig. Use the Avastar-transfertool to get the Avastar-rig. (I colored the body red)
11. Second import your obj-avatar with your new handpose. Open the toolshelf and rotate it.
12. Now select the armature and your new avatar, press 'Bind to Armature', delete the avatar without the new handpose and export/upload your avatar (described here: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11970 )

handpose2.jpg

handpose3.jpg
Déesse

Return to Tutorials