MakeHuman to OpenSim using Avastar

A place for unofficial tutorials posted by MH users

Moderator: joepal

Re: MakeHuman to OpenSim using Avastar

Postby Déesse » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:30 am

It causes no problems for me because I'm working on Opensim. In SL you choose 'low' or 'lowest' in the physic tab in the upload window.
Déesse

Re: MakeHuman to OpenSim using Avastar 1.7-2

Postby Déesse » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:40 am

MakeHuman 1.1.x to Opensim (Second Life) using blender 1.77a with Avastar 1.7-2

Best of all: there are almost no changes. I'll just show some pictures to repeat the steps.

MH-AV1_7a.jpg

MH-AV1_7b.jpg

MH-AV1_7c.jpg

MH-AV1_7d.jpg
Déesse

Postby Déesse » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:54 am

With the new Bento-skeleton and Avastar 2.0 there will be many more options! As it is still WIP and up to now not available in Opensim (in Second Life now in the main grid) I'll show you just a preview of what the face sliders can do inworld. The first picture shows the imported default face. The sliders work on many parts, so you can correct and edit parts, change expressions and more.

bento_face.jpg
Déesse

Postby LaurentR2D2 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:49 pm

The Opensim rig preset seems to have disappeared from Makehuman 1.1. Which one should I use ? Game engine ? I've found something here :

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/conte ... m_rig.html

but I can't install it. When I copy "default_weights.mhw", I can't launch Makehuman.
LaurentR2D2

Postby Déesse » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:58 am

Please have a look if the mhw-file exists twice in your data/rigs-folder. I think it is suffisant to add only the mhskel and thumb files, as long as the mhw comes along with the original distribution.
If this doesn't work for you, you can try to replace the complete rigs-folder. You find links in this thread: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12495
Déesse

Postby LaurentR2D2 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:27 pm

Déesse wrote:Please have a look if the mhw-file exists twice in your data/rigs-folder. I think it is suffisant to add only the mhskel and thumb files, as long as the mhw comes along with the original distribution.
If this doesn't work for you, you can try to replace the complete rigs-folder. You find links in this thread: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12495

I've replaced the complete rigs folder and it works fine now. Thank you :)
LaurentR2D2

Previous

Return to Tutorials