Tutorial: MH 1.1.0 to SL/Opensim

A place for unofficial tutorials posted by MH users

Moderator: joepal

Re: Tutorial: MH 1.1.0 to SL/Opensim

Postby Déesse » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:22 pm

Hello to all,
these are my results. It's always the default MakeHuman-avatar, left the mesh, right the worn avatar. The shoulders are better now. Great work! Thank you very much!

MH1-1b.jpg
Déesse

Postby Bo Orsini » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:31 pm

Manuel wrote:
Bo Orsini wrote:
Manuel wrote:That's very odd...the rotation of the bones is obtained by the coordinates of head and tail of each bone, and these seems to be ok (because when you see them in Blender, they are in the expected places). Perhaps the roll angle is different, but it should be noticeable only during animation, eventually, and should never affect the result of the rest pose.
Do this is an enigma to solve.

Anyway, is the new shoulder joint position better than the old one?

So, it could be a roll angle difference? Does that mean you may only have to add a 'leaf bone' fix to the MH collada exporter like Blender has?
Will let you know later today about the shoulders. Need to go to work soon. ;)

Roll angles are the rotations around the axis tail-head. They are usually recalculated by importers, so they are secondary as importance.
In any case they don't affect the rest pose, but the animation/custom pose, because when a bone starts to rotate (so when the bone is going to leave his rest position) it can go in a wrong direction due a wrong roll angle.

Looking at your image it seems that the problem happens in the rest pose...so I guess it's not matter of roll angles.

Ok. Just one request for now then: Can you connect the mChest Tail to the mNeck Head? And make sure the mNeck Head position is the final location of the connected bones?
Connect_please.png

I did notice a difference between an original SL armature and MH armature...:
Y_diff.png
I bet this is important. The diff between the 2 armatures is a minus.

The original SL armature shows 0 (zero), the imported MH armature shows -0 as Y rotation.
Sorry...
Bo Orsini (SL)
Bo Orsini

Postby Bo Orsini » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:36 pm

Déesse wrote:Hello to all,
these are my results. It's always the default MakeHuman-avatar, left the mesh, right the worn avatar. The shoulders are better now. Great work! Thank you very much!

MH1-1b.jpg

Well, I hope that tail/head will be connected soon and at least your chest is normal after. Did you relog after attaching the 4th one?
Bo Orsini (SL)
Bo Orsini

Postby Edde » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:55 pm

Bo, thank you so much.

I will try to see if it works. :)
Edde

Postby Edde » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:32 pm

Dear BO, I follow all steps with the new MAKEHUMAN 1.1 and not worked again.
Still the same deformation on torso/arms

ON LEFT side the original model from makehuman with rig. the RIGHT side I am wearing the same one.

A model created in makehuman and sculpted on Blender with the RIG in AVASTAR. ( This is the results that I want for the model )
Edde

Postby Manuel » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:42 am

Edde wrote:Dear BO, I follow all steps with the new MAKEHUMAN 1.1 and not worked again.

The shoulders were fixed yesterday so the fixed data is in the today Nigthly build.
Manuel

Postby Manuel » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:52 am

Bo Orsini wrote:
Ok. Just one request for now then: Can you connect the mChest Tail to the mNeck Head? And make sure the mNeck Head position is the final location of the connected bones?

mChest is already connected to the mNeck:
mchest.png

This is the original blend developed by us to create the rig library
mchest2.png

0 an -0 should not create problems.
Manuel

Postby Bo Orsini » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:37 am

Edde wrote:Dear BO, I follow all steps with the new MAKEHUMAN 1.1 and not worked again.

ON LEFT side the original model from makehuman with rig. the RIGHT side I am wearing the same one.

Edde, upload with Joints Enabled? It looks like you uploaded the model with Joints Disabled. And then it follows the SL Skeleton inworld. Also, relog after you wear it and then show me a snapshot of your worn body.
Bo Orsini (SL)
Bo Orsini

Postby Déesse » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:01 am

My tests this morning: looks almost perfect, especially as soon as the body is animated. But the screenshots show, that it might be useful to modify the armpits (a bit too high) and the thorax (a bit too narrow), no idea, if it is the result of the rig. The shape-sliders are set to 50 inworld, concerning the shoulders.

MH19-02.jpg
Déesse

Postby Bo Orsini » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:43 pm

Déesse wrote:My tests this morning: looks almost perfect, especially as soon as the body is animated. But the screenshots show, that it might be useful to modify the armpits (a bit too high) and the thorax (a bit too narrow), no idea, if it is the result of the rig. The shape-sliders are set to 50 inworld, concerning the shoulders.

This shows exactly what I try to achieve. You can only make it perfect when you edit the armature bones in Blender, depending on your exported MH model (they are all different after all). For that, you need some experience with editing heads, tails or complete bones.
Bo Orsini (SL)
Bo Orsini

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials