Facial animation workflow question

A place for unofficial tutorials posted by MH users

Moderator: joepal

Re: Facial animation workflow question

Postby duststorm » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:54 pm

devrich wrote:Do you think this compatibility feature will make it to the MH 1.1 nightlies sometime soon?

I hope I can get something ready, albeit perhaps in the experiments repository as a Blender script.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby devrich » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:01 pm

duststorm wrote:
devrich wrote:Do you think this compatibility feature will make it to the MH 1.1 nightlies sometime soon?

I hope I can get something ready, albeit perhaps in the experiments repository as a Blender script.

umm.. so you mean we'd use blender and have blender run some python scripts to apply FaceShift motion capture data to the MH rigs ? or ?
Don't settle for what someone else made -- upPIC your own [:.:] at: http://DevRich78.com/upPIC
devrich

Postby aialexander » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:57 pm

duststorm wrote:
aialexander wrote:That video looks awesome! Is there a way for me to go about doing what you did using the tools that are available right now?

You'd need the expression pose units, which were not finished and not released yet. We still need to see how and if we can incorporate this into the release as the GUI interaction and export for them is not yet finished.
Then I made a blender script that is an update of the script published by the referenced article. I was planning on cleaning that up and make it easy to use, but that hasn't happened yet.

I would be very interested in seeing this developed. I am working on a Virtual Reality platform for education and will be going to GDC in two weeks to meet with the folks from Faceshift to help encourage stronger development and interest for all parties involved. I definitely think MakeHuman and Faceshift should be working together on this. By any chance, will there be anyone from MakeHuman at GDC?
aialexander

Postby unity2k » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:04 am

Awesome seeing this dialog progress. Would be great to tie Faceshift, Makehuman, Ikinema, Blender, and UE4 together in a tight workflow!
unity2k

Postby duststorm » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:23 am

devrich wrote:umm.. so you mean we'd use blender and have blender run some python scripts to apply FaceShift motion capture data to the MH rigs ? or ?

Exactly. :)
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby duststorm » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:27 am

aialexander wrote:I would be very interested in seeing this developed. I am working on a Virtual Reality platform for education and will be going to GDC in two weeks to meet with the folks from Faceshift to help encourage stronger development and interest for all parties involved. I definitely think MakeHuman and Faceshift should be working together on this. By any chance, will there be anyone from MakeHuman at GDC?

I'll see if I can at least put something in the experiments repository.
Unfortunately none of the MH team are going to GDC, we don't have a sponsor ;)

unity2k wrote:Awesome seeing this dialog progress. Would be great to tie Faceshift, Makehuman, Ikinema, Blender, and UE4 together in a tight workflow!

Don't forget SmartBody ;)
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby devrich » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:21 pm

duststorm wrote:Unfortunately none of the MH team are going to GDC, we don't have a sponsor ;)

I wasn't aware you needed a sponcer to go to GDC ?
Don't settle for what someone else made -- upPIC your own [:.:] at: http://DevRich78.com/upPIC
devrich

Postby unity2k » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:28 pm

It's expensive to go to GDC, what I'm certain he meant was that no one offered the thousands up front to pay for Makehuman devs to go to the event.
unity2k

Postby devrich » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:34 pm

unity2k wrote:It's expensive to go to GDC, what I'm certain he meant was that no one offered the thousands up front to pay for Makehuman devs to go to the event.

Can't be that expensive; how much is it?
devrich

Postby duststorm » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:53 pm

devrich wrote:Can't be that expensive; how much is it?

A trip from europe to the US + hotel cost + food, I'd say 2000 euros is a good bet ;)
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials