muscle tone in make human?

A place for unofficial tutorials posted by MH users

Moderator: joepal

muscle tone in make human?

Postby knotmaster » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:09 am

I asked this once before and somone answered but I am having a problem finding my original post, but is there any add ons that will help to make more toned muscle mass in make human? I was hoping to give my project a more defined muscular body. seems to me somone said something about muscle topography but then never went any further into it. is that a add on por plug in or something I can get?

what I am actually trying to do is build a dummy mesh body thats close to the same measurments as my secondlife mesh avatar . I am having a serious problem getting clothes that will work on it because of its correct muscle masses so I figured if i could make one close to the same then I could build custom mesh clothes for my avatar

if anyone can point me in the correct direction for this issue i would really appreciate it
knotmaster

Re: muscle tone in make human?

Postby brkurt » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:50 pm

knotmaster wrote:I asked this once before and somone answered but I am having a problem finding my original post, but is there any add ons that will help to make more toned muscle mass in make human? I was hoping to give my project a more defined muscular body. seems to me somone said something about muscle topography but then never went any further into it. is that a add on por plug in or something I can get?

what I am actually trying to do is build a dummy mesh body thats close to the same measurments as my secondlife mesh avatar . I am having a serious problem getting clothes that will work on it because of its correct muscle masses so I figured if i could make one close to the same then I could build custom mesh clothes for my avatar

if anyone can point me in the correct direction for this issue i would really appreciate it

What you want is the 1.1 Unstable version. The combination of the Proportion slider, and the new muscular topology will give you want you want.
You will need to install it where it won't interact with the Stable 1.02 version. I'm assuming you are using Windows 7 or 8, so just download the .zip file and install it in your Documents folder.
brkurt

Postby duststorm » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:36 pm

The original topic is here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11131
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby knotmaster » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:27 am

ok i went so far as removing version 1.2 completely and then downloaded 1.1 but i see nothing any different then in version 1.2

I have watched the video on muscle topoligy and they show a bunch of different topo maps and stuff and the person in the video could make his avatar have very defined muscle masses

I guess i am lost i have no clue where to find that stuff in MH 1.1
knotmaster

Postby duststorm » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:37 am

If you're running from source code, the whole procedure is explained in detail here: http://www.makehuman.org/doc/node/libra ... dures.html

In short, you probably have not run download_assets.py
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby knotmaster » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:41 am

no i havent done anything but install version 1.1 i assumed that it all just came preinstalled met me try that and see how it goes

thanks for your help i will be back if i have any more questions

Knot
knotmaster

Postby knotmaster » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:57 am

ok so i went to that page and downloaded and installed most of the things it says but some where i got lost so I basically copied all the proxy meshes , obj files and thumbnails to my proxy mesh folder it shows them there but they have a question mark where the normal uv lay out pic is,

some where i went wrong with the hg tortise thing it wasnt letting me type in the command line that the webpage said to type in so i am kind of lost
knotmaster

Postby duststorm » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:28 pm

Those steps are only required if you were running mh from source code in the first place.
Did you say you downloaded the nightly build from tuxfamily? Then it *should* already include the necessary files.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby knotmaster » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:31 pm

no i didnt I downloaded the version 1.1 I will try downloading the nightly build and see where that leads me. I did manage to import a couple mesh targets but they had no where near the muscle definition that the vodeo for muscle topoligy shows
knotmaster

Postby brkurt » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:47 pm

knotmaster wrote:no i didnt I downloaded the version 1.1 I will try downloading the nightly build and see where that leads me. I did manage to import a couple mesh targets but they had no where near the muscle definition that the vodeo for muscle topoligy shows

I have the solution for you.

You need to load the new rig from https://bitbucket.org/ThomasMakeHuman/newrig

and install it. This is a no-brainer in Ubuntu Linux, but for Windows you will need Python 2.7.

Once you have installed it in a user folder, then find download_assets.py.

That script will run an FTP transaction. Easy so far.

Now here is the fooler. Since Python is an interpreted language, it won't create those assets until you call them. Takes a minute, and then they're there.

And the proof. If you need even more muscularity and vascularity, you'll have to design it yourself.

brkurt

Next

Return to Tutorials