HELP : T Pose in Edit Mode - Blender

A place for unofficial tutorials posted by MH users

Moderator: joepal

HELP : T Pose in Edit Mode - Blender

Postby Miltades » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:24 pm

Hello!

Can someone please tell me how to get the T pose to work in Blender, in EDIT mode?

I have it set in other files, and I got it like that simply by pressing 'set T pose' under one of the MakeWalk tabs.

However it's not working this time around.

Please and Thank you!

EDIT : Additionally, my alterations to the model made in EDIT mode, are no longer showing up in Object or Pose Modes. How do I make this happen?
Miltades

Re: HELP : T Pose in Edit Mode - Blender

Postby brkurt » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:08 pm

Miltades wrote:Hello!

Can someone please tell me how to get the T pose to work in Blender, in EDIT mode?

I have it set in other files, and I got it like that simply by pressing 'set T pose' under one of the MakeWalk tabs.

However it's not working this time around.

Please and Thank you!

EDIT : Additionally, my alterations to the model made in EDIT mode, are no longer showing up in Object or Pose Modes. How do I make this happen?

I can either walk you through this, or if you send me the Blender file, I can do it for you. :)

Normally, this takes three steps: pose your model with a T-Pose (rotate clavicle and deltoid through y only), then apply the pose (ctrl-a).

Before you leave pose mode, go to the modifier stack and 'Apply as Pose'. This then is your new edit pose.

You will probably want to delete the Armature modifier from the stack at this point, and then add it once you have checked all the bones in Armaature Edit mode.

Once you are satisfied, just add the Armature modifier to your mesh, and remember to turn on all the different view checkboxes, so that you can test your model in movement.

For example: in order to get a useful, realistic T-Pose in the present MH 1.02, you have to check that the latissimus bones are parented to the spine, not the upper arm. Once that is checked, you can then simply rotate the clavicle, deltoid, and upper arm bones until you get the T-Pose you like. :geek:
brkurt

Re: HELP : T Pose in Edit Mode - Blender

Postby duststorm » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:51 am

Miltades wrote:Can someone please tell me how to get the T pose to work in Blender, in EDIT mode?

With a rigged mesh (armature modifier):

* go into pose mode
* pose into whatever rest pose you want
* insert keyframe (you best do this)
* to object mode
* apply the armature modifier on the mesh
* back to pose mode
* set current pose as rest pose
* add a new armature modifier to your mesh to connect the rig again

I made a video about this process someplace else on the forum. Search for "change T rest pose blender"
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Return to Tutorials