Bring MakeHuman to Opensimulator / SL without using Blender

A place for unofficial tutorials posted by MH users

Moderator: joepal

Bring MakeHuman to Opensimulator / SL without using Blender

Postby schneeberger » Sun May 18, 2014 9:34 am

My target as an artist, scientist and writer is to use MH and only MH and bring what is possible with MH to SL/opensim. After some experiments, some of them done by friends, I see MH "does not do it the easy way" OR it has to be done minimal OR I (we) do it wrong OR not efficient OR ... thats to talk about in makehuman group in SL or opengrid.

I want to publish about it, to make MH more known, so I ask the community:

1. is there an overview of poses in MH that can be used "as it is" to bring a standard body (average male and average female as documented in SL/opensim) to SL/opensim
2. is there a way to make own poses in MH so to extend the set of poses that are in MH now offered?
3. how to extend the values of body measures like length of legs to make a body like Giacometti figures? - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... kingII.JPG
4. how to set rigged bodies up so they can be used in SL/opensim in a "wearable" way?

I repeat: no Blender as a bridge! It has to be done only with MH. Otherwise I cant offer a seminar at art departement and publish about it.
Thank you!

Feedback and contribution can be made also to Art Blue in SL (group "makehuman" and in opensim via Metropolis grid (hypergate - hypergrid.org:8002)
Last edited by schneeberger on Mon May 19, 2014 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
schneeberger

Re: Bring MakeHuman to Opensimulator / SL without using Blen

Postby Johnson67 » Sun May 18, 2014 8:51 pm

schneeberger wrote:My target as an artist, scientist and writer is to use MH and only MH and bring what is possible with MH to SL/opensim. After some experiments, some of them done by friends, I see MH sucks OR it has to be done minimal OR I (we) do it wrong OR not efficient.

I want to publish about it, to make MH more known, so I ask the community:

1. is there an overview of poses in MH that can be used "as it is" to bring a standard body (average male and average female as documented in SL/opensim) to SL/opensim
2. is there a way to make own poses in MH so to extend the set of poses that are in MH now offered?
3. how to extend the values of body measures like length of legs to make a body like Giacometti figures? - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... kingII.JPG
4. how to set rigged bodies up so they can be used in SL/opensim in a "wearable" way?

I repeat: no Blender as a bridge! It has to be done only with MH. Otherwise I cant offer a seminar at art departement and publish about it.
Thank you!

Feedback and contribution can be made also to Art Blue in SL (group "makehuman" and in opensim via Metropolis grid (hypergate - hypergrid.org:8002)

i think the only thing lacking, is the T-Pose and the 90 degree rotation .
Johnson67

Postby Manuel » Mon May 19, 2014 7:44 am

Do you mean the "T pose" ?
We are working hard on the new pose engine. It will include expressions, rest poses (for example the T-pose), and libraries of general poses.

Not yet. As soon we will finish the new pose system, it will be possible via Blender and in successive releases, directly via MakeHuman.

You can use the modifiers for "arms and legs". They can create very long legs, but always in the range of real humans. Perhaps this kind of characters need some special targets.
We are planning to add a "fantasy" tab for caricatures/scifi/fantasy characters, but it will not happen soon.

What do you mean?
Manuel

Postby Bo Orsini » Mon May 19, 2014 11:31 am

schneeberger wrote:I repeat: no Blender as a bridge! It has to be done only with MH.

This was actually possible before with MH7. I have uploaded several bodies to SL beta last year without having to edit them in Blender. So, exported them directly as .dae and imported them at once and they worked. The mesh had a few flaws but it worked. See here for Susannah 2013. Warning: nudity.

As soon as the crew can fix the T-Pose addition and rotation for SL and OS, it will be possible with the new MakeHuman too.
Bo Orsini (SL)
Bo Orsini

Return to Tutorials