where can I find makewalk plugin?

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

where can I find makewalk plugin?

Postby makehuman987 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:59 am

Hi, I am trying to retargeting .bvh to a character, so I tried to use makewalk, but I couldn't find it in DOWNLOADS-->plugin page, where can I find it?
Thanks a lot.
makehuman987

Re: where can I find makewalk plugin?

Postby makehuman987 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:02 am

seems BHV retargetr has replaced it. I got the BHV retargeter.
makehuman987

Postby makehuman987 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:51 am

hi, dear Joe:
You can delete this post now, as this can be a FAQ in makehuman wiki. This post should not distract attention of guys in the forum. I will read FAQ carefully. Thanks.
makehuman987

Postby punkduck » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:38 pm

Hi

The old documentation of MakeWalk in the FAQ does not help. Retargeter is Thomas' new project mostly made for DAZ.

It will not work with the standard skeleton out of the box. I made a fork with MakeHuman official skeleton mapping and an adapted pose,

https://github.com/black-punkduck/retarget-bvh

if you already have a version you can copy the files known_rigs/mh8_default,json and mh8_notoes.json for our skeleton. in tpose folder is a makehuman.json.
These are the main changes.

Using bvhs for e.g. walking often demands a lot of extra work when e.g. feet don't touch the ground correctly or are tilted (left foot in video). But the workflow Thomas wrote can be used for each skeleton.
With the help of the files above it with some tricks it was quite okay ... check the mp4 inside this thread (use VLC-Player or google browser, mp4 e.g. does not work in my firefox)

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13672&start=454

We can't explain a software better than the author himself, so we can't do the FAQs. But with the files I mentioned it will work.
Threads are normally only deleted if they contain stuff like commercials :)
punkduck

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman