Importing Visimes with MH 1.2 and MPFB?

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

Importing Visimes with MH 1.2 and MPFB?

Postby type4101 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:47 pm

Hello,
I am using the new Makehuman Plugin for Blender, Makehuman 1.2, and Blender 2.83 (or 2.9x) and the Unity rig (also tried standard rig, but prefer Unity rig). I can't figure out how to get the facial visime shapekeys to import. In the past (Makehuman 1.1) I could import a MHX2 file with visimes, so I assume the new plugin can also do that, but I can't figure out how. Can anybody walk me through it with the new plugin? I tried to do an old-fashioned import of an MHX2 file exported from Makehuman 1.2, but blender gave me the following error messages when I tried to import the file.

Code: Select all
shaders.py
MHX2 successfully (re)loaded
error retrieving refresh tokens 400
b'{"error": "invalid_grant", "state": "random_state_string"}'
Opening MHX2 file b'D:\\MyDesktop\\MyMakehumanCharacters\\Mummy_Makehuman\\Mummy_Export.mhx2'
Creating CYCLES material Mummy_export:Base.obj:Old_caucasian_female
Creating CYCLES material Mummy_export:Low-poly.obj:Eye_grey
Creating CYCLES material Mummy_export:Mind_teeth_05.obj:Mind_teeth_05
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.83\2.83\scripts\addons\import_runtime_mhx2\importer.py", line 56, in execute
    importMhx2File(self.filepath, cfg, context)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.83\2.83\scripts\addons\import_runtime_mhx2\importer.py", line 144, in importMhx2File
    build(struct, cfg, context)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.83\2.83\scripts\addons\import_runtime_mhx2\importer.py", line 201, in build
    mname,mat = buildMaterial(mhMaterial, scn, cfg)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.83\2.83\scripts\addons\import_runtime_mhx2\materials.py", line 40, in buildMaterial
    buildMaterialCycles(mat, mhMaterial, scn, cfg)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.83\2.83\scripts\addons\import_runtime_mhx2\materials.py", line 159, in buildMaterialCycles
    normalTex.color_space = 'NONE'
AttributeError: 'ShaderNodeTexImage' object has no attribute 'color_space'

type4101

Re: Importing Visimes with MH 1.2 and MPFB?

Postby nomorecookies » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:39 am

All i can suggest is make sure everything is updated on your end. When importing, select the override option and select face shapes. it will install the several visemes that come with MHX2. you can also us my repository to give MHX2 the ability to install 39 custom visemes https://github.com/Hunanbean-Collective/MakeHuman-Additions
nomorecookies

Re: Importing Visimes with MH 1.2 and MPFB?

Postby punkduck » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:15 pm

hmm ... compare that to line 159 in the current file ... it seems to be an older (or even the old pre 2.8x) version.

It crashes in the material section

https://github.com/makehumancommunity/mhx2-makehuman-exchange/blob/master/import_runtime_mhx2/materials.py

So before you go on install the new one.

I use mhx2 export very often and I hope we fixed most of the problems.
punkduck

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman