MakeClothes robe bottom flattens out with feet

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

MakeClothes robe bottom flattens out with feet

Postby zerov » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:36 pm

So, after many weeks of tormenting working on this environment and all its plugins without any documentation, after overcoming many problems resulting from the fact that nothing works as it should and that the developers leave bugs in all plugins probably for fun, I have enough this time and I have to count on the help of someone who somehow can know what's going on.

I've created robe in MakeClothes and everything is finally great now except of the strange animation of the bottom of it! It looks like the bottom wants to animate with feet and it flattens out in pathetic way. Anybody know what I have to do to get rid of it?
1.png

I got satisfying result when I exported it to Blender with helpers and delete them (option Delete Helper in Human section) but then bottom mid pulls down, God know where...
2.png

I can resign from mid attachments and replace them with Right or Left but then my texture is streches in ugly way in this place.

I'm asking for help because I'm really tired of fighting with all of this. Everything I do is intuitive, because the developers have left the users alone.

Thanks in advance.

Versions:
MakeHuman - 1.2.0a3 (this is which I use for exporting models to Blender but the problem occurs also on 1.1.1)
Blender - 2.82
MakeClothes - 2.1.0
zerov

Re: MakeClothes robe bottom flattens out with feet

Postby VapeLord » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:56 pm

Mysterious, my post is dissapeared.... :?:

Ok, I wrote in my answer post:

"Hi zerov and welcome to the forum. :) Which versions of Blender, MakeClothes and Makehuman do you use? Even though I can't really help you because I haven't really dealt with it yet, this information from you can be useful so that you can be better helped by users who dealt often with it. Greets Vape".

Ok, no matter now. :lol:

Hmm, have you tried the latest version of MH?
VapeLord

Postby zerov » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:19 pm

Because last topic was deleted when I tried to edit it. I created new one.

Last version? What is last version and when I can download it? They are doing a big mess with all these versions, seems like they love trolling their users even with this basic thing.
zerov

Postby zerov » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:22 pm

Ah ok, I see, nevermind. I will try but guess nothing will change.
zerov

Postby VapeLord » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:25 pm

zerov wrote:Because last topic was deleted when I tried to edit it. I created new one.

Ah, Ok :lol:

Here is the Link to the Beta2 version.
http://www.makehumancommunity.org/frontpage/makehuman_community_120_beta_2.html
VapeLord

Postby zerov » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:31 pm

This new version in not even working.
zerov

Postby VapeLord » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:37 pm

Try to run it as admin.
VapeLord

Postby zerov » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:45 pm

Yes, I tried it too. What is worse, the only MH version which was working for exporting models to Blender is not working anymore for me. I tried to download it again but they delete this... Now I'm trying download alpha 4.

This is so funny, I still have directory with alpha 3 but there is no method to open it. I was doing it via Windows menu but it disappeared after downlaoding this not even working beta version.
zerov

Postby zerov » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:55 pm

Ok, I made alpha 3 to work again. Now again I have only one problem which this topic is about. Anybody know how to deal with long clothes? Don't animate them with feet?
zerov

Postby punkduck » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:08 pm

For long clothes there are obviously some things, which makehuman can't deal with.

The helper is the better way, otherwise the clothes stay near the legs. Each vertex on your skirt depends on 3 vertices on your character.

Without helpers one situation might be: one vertex on one leg and two on the other, so you get the line in the middle. All other stay near the legs.

With helpers a bleeding through leg can happen, when faces are too big like in your case. The 4 vertices are outside the leg, but the face is intersecting. There is not more geometry than you created, these are simply mathematical limits... A helper with more geometry might fix this theoretically.

But: People (mostly females and some Scotsman :mrgreen: ) can cross legs when they wear a long skirt. Try what happens in MakeHuman then :shock:
And long dresses normally have a lot of fabric to allow walking or (like a pencil skirt) a side slit. Ask a person to do the splits with a long dress :D
.. okay I am joking ... but if your skirt has a pattern it would be stretched in a way that it does not look real ...

The only way to get rid off these problems is to start working with cloth simulation.

I added a picture in the assets to one of my dresses how I did that, I had this problem also of course:

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/clothes/medieval_dress_nonhistorical.html

It also works with an animation, but only with a software emulating real cloth. Connect the geometry of your piece of cloth then, otherwise it will simply fall apart. Yes documentation is still missing, but I changed first parts meanwhile. There will be some explanations about limits and methods later, like shrinkwrap etc. but that's mainly blender stuff tbh.

Here what is available since last Sunday:

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/Documentation:ClothesV2
http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/Documentation:MaterialsMakeSkin
punkduck

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman