makewalk / retarget_bvh on ubuntu 18.04

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

makewalk / retarget_bvh on ubuntu 18.04

Postby james_zorb_66 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:20 pm

Hi,

I am trying to get blender, import_mhx2, and either makewalk or retarget_bvh (https://bitbucket.org/Diffeomorphic/ret ... rc/master/) to work on my Ubuntu 18.04 system. I have tried lots of combinations of versions but nothing seems to work. Below I will describe the two almost successful combinations I tried.

The load_and_retarget bvh link above seems to work successfully in the log on blender 2.81a, but in the GUI I see no response. Another combination that was almost successful was running the same load_and_retarget on blender 2.79b, but there is a strange finger feature I can't get rid of (see screenshot attachment). This finger feature was also there when I tried other versions of makewalk with blender 2.79b.

I will use ANY version of blender, I just need to find compatibility for loading and retargeting bvh files! Thanks in advance for any help
Attachments
blender_makewalk.png
Screenshot
james_zorb_66

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman