importing mhx2 file the old fashionded way

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

importing mhx2 file the old fashionded way

Postby Skalldyrssuppe » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:55 pm

i just downloaded the mhx2 plugin for blender Version 0.6.2 but mhx2 is not on the list of importable filetypes, the plugin seems to be working though since i can find the make human tab in the N panel
but of course the import button dossent work cuz i havvent open a port on my computer to use the new way to import.

Am i just a blind idiot or is there really no way of importing mhx2 files witout opening a port in my computer?
Skalldyrssuppe

Re: importing mhx2 file the old fashionded way

Postby punkduck » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:46 pm

Skalldyrssuppe wrote:i just downloaded the mhx2 plugin for blender Version 0.6.2 but mhx2 is not on the list of importable filetypes, the plugin seems to be working though since i can find the make human tab in the N panel
but of course the import button dossent work cuz i havvent open a port on my computer to use the new way to import.

Am i just a blind idiot or is there really no way of importing mhx2 files witout opening a port in my computer?

I hope you used it from here:

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/content/plugins.html

which gives you access to e.g.
https://bitbucket.org/Aranuvir/mhx2-makehuman-exchange/downloads/

this is the classical mhx2 interface. The packet consists of an exporter in Makehuman and an importer in Blender. Makehuman exports a JSON-coded file (with the suffix .mhx2) which is simply placed in the export directory (including textures), it does not communicate via socket/port.

Use the link, if you really want to use this method. Aranuvir did some changes, so that e.g. the materials work again. The original version of Thomas Larsson seems not to be maintained any more. At least it had these problems when I tested it this morning.

The socket/port communicator is a different way to do the same, mhx2 allows more options when you import the character, the socket-communication allows to work without the file in between. Both methods can be used, it depends on your own needs.

Since I am using this very often: if you work with triangle meshes, blender might have problems to read a file, maybe you should consider this also:

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=16965
punkduck

Re: importing mhx2 file the old fashionded way

Postby Skalldyrssuppe » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:15 pm

tnx for the reply i used the JC palmer one, i will fiure it out
Skalldyrssuppe

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman