Changing face numbers

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

Changing face numbers

Postby ThomasL » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:35 am

If you see something like this when you render your mhx import, it is because Manuel has changed the face numbers of the base mesh. I will fix the problem soon, but it will reappear every time the topology of the base changes.

wrongface.png

To have full control over the looks, the mhx assigns materials to each face. E.g., the diamonds are shadeless with alpha = 0, to make sure that not only are they transparent, but also cast no shadows, don't affect raytracing, etc. When face numbers change, so do the material assignment.

Besides, something has happened to the skin shader. Are there any texture gurus out there who can point out which settings should be changed.
ThomasL

Re: Changing face numbers

Postby ThomasL » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:24 am

Face numbers now fixed, until the next time. I also introduced a more compact representation for the material assignment, which cut off some 200 kb from the mhx files. This requires a new mhx importer (v 1.6), which is now in both MH and Blender svn.

I think I mixed up GLSL and Blender rendering in the picture above.
ThomasL

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman