MH 2 blender experiments

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

MH 2 blender experiments

Postby gwc42 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:16 am

Hi,
I'm trying to work out how to use makehuman and blender together.
I'm using makehuman Alpha6 and blender 2.57.0 under windows 7.
On the way, I've found a few problems. Some I've resolved, but the following are outstanding...

1st problem found: in MH, settings -> skin shader causes MH to die.

phong shader setting is accepted.

Not sure if I should be using this, or 'no shader.' Tried both. Phong shader seems to work quite well.

Then files -> export, and select blender exchange (mhx).

Tried 'use config options' (2nd problem - not sure where these are set, or how to change them, if they can be changed); also tried gui options, selecting 'version 2.5,' 'expressions' and 'use mhx rig.'

Character imports into blender nicely, it seems. Gradually getting to grips with posing the rig in blender.

3rd problem:
But I can't seem to make sliders do anything, except face sliders seem to work. I'm not sure how the arm/leg Fk/IK and finger sliders are supposed to be used? The layers don't seem to correspond to the document; has it all changed?

4th problem
BTW how do I make use of 'texture' from library? Is this implemented yet? I can see 3 1/2 rows to choose from; it seems there are more options there somewhere, but I can't seem to scroll down at all to see them.

Thanks for your help
/Gary
gwc42

Re: MH 2 blender experiments

Postby ThomasL » Sun May 01, 2011 6:54 am

The export options are controlled in proxy.cfg, see https://sites.google.com/site/makehumandocs/blender-export-and-mhx/proxy-configu.

The layers have been split into separate layers for left and right sides. Just updated the documentation. The use of the FK/IK sliders are described further down in the same document https://sites.google.com/site/makehumandocs/blender-export-and-mhx/the-mhx-rig

I don't know the answers to the other questions. Perhaps you should repost them in the general bugs section, since they are not related to mhx.
ThomasL

Re: MH 2 blender experiments

Postby gwc42 » Wed May 04, 2011 12:30 pm

Thanks, Thomas, that's really helpful. You're doing a great job!!

/G.
gwc42

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman