Importing hair

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

Importing hair

Postby mashekle » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:30 am

I am using the apr 23 win 32 nightly build, and blender 2.57.
I can import models just fine, but I dont see an option to save hair as object anymore. So my question is, how to I import the hair into blender? I am using the poly hair, so I'm guessing it is saved somewhere in the nightly builds many folders, but I cant seem to find it.

Edit:: Found it, makehuman\data\hairstyles. But how do I get it to look like it did in makehuman while in blender? Sorry, I would have put this in the newbie section, if it didnt directly apply to blender and makehuman.
mashekle

Re: Importing hair

Postby mflerackers » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:59 am

The adapted hair only gets exported with obj export at the moment.
MakeHuman project Developer
mflerackers

Postby simpo » Fri May 06, 2011 11:42 pm

mflerackers wrote:The adapted hair only gets exported with obj export at the moment.

Thanks for the infos. Was trying to find solution to this as well.
simpo

Postby tsrajesh » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:25 am

I did export hair as obj and all others as mhx, and imported them. But..
Is there any easy way.. or a script.. to align the hair correctly on the main mesh than to do manually?
tsrajesh

Postby tsrajesh » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:57 am

tsrajesh wrote:I did export hair as obj and all others as mhx, and imported them. But..
Is there any easy way.. or a script.. to align the hair correctly on the main mesh than to do manually?

The solution has been staring at me all this while that i didn't notice.. Tell me about being a newbie..
ShrinkWrap.. Only the scalp portion of course. Now i just have to try re-topoing it to the low poly game mesh and see how it goes.
tsrajesh

Postby Shaba1 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:51 am

tsrajesh wrote:
tsrajesh wrote:I did export hair as obj and all others as mhx, and imported them. But..

The solution has been staring at me all this while that i didn't notice.. Tell me about being a newbie..
ShrinkWrap.. Only the scalp portion of course. Now i just have to try re-topoing it to the low poly game mesh and see how it goes.

Ok I must be missing something. I am using the MH nightbuild of July 5th. I do not see anywhere on the export window to export hair as obj. Unless it is under the 'forsaken proxy' radio button. I noticed that some of those radio buttons get cut off if I do not have Makehuman at full scree sized.

Could someone tell me where this is.
Shaba1

Postby mflerackers » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:36 am

It's in wavefront export, not in mhx export.
MakeHuman project Developer
mflerackers

Postby Shaba1 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:39 am

mflerackers wrote:It's in wavefront export, not in mhx export.

I looked around the Makehuman directory and found the .obj files. Now I will make a new thread asking how to make the polygon hair I have a few ideas for hairstyles and will contribut them to the community if anyone thinks they are good enough.
Shaba1

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman