Problems Importing into Blender.

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Problems Importing into Blender.

Postby tuszek » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:36 pm

Hy i don't know if this helps or not but after a error message i get this out of blender:
"

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\PROGRA~1\BLENDE~1\BLENDE~1.57B\2.57\scripts\addons\io_import_scene_mhx.py", line 2672, in execute
readMhxFile(self.filepath)
File "C:\PROGRA~1\BLENDE~1\BLENDE~1.57B\2.57\scripts\modules\bpy_types.py", line 626, in __getattribute__
return getattr(properties, attr)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe1 in position 10: invalid continuation byte

"
This is the official 2.57 blender version win 32bit fresh "install" (zip ver) and MH alpha 6,
I tried the bundled mhx importer, gave the same, deleted pyc file, put in importer from the MH directory did this same error.
I dont see any change in blender after the error msg by the way.
Edit: Also i tried to import a newly made test character made with same alpha 6 and exported with default settings.
tuszek

Postby ThomasL » Sun May 01, 2011 6:04 am

Do you have any non-ascii characters in your file path?
ThomasL

Postby tuszek » Sun May 01, 2011 9:14 am

Thank You!
I do. Most probably in the my documents places have some.
I checked this on a hunch, but it seems the file i was checking with must have had some other problem,
because now that i tried it again it works if i take a mhx file and put it into the blender folder... :oops:
Thanks again!
tuszek

Previous

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman