sucess mhx to Blender 2.56.6

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

sucess mhx to Blender 2.56.6

Postby hellcat546 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:08 am

alpha.JPG

Model was created in MakeHuman 1.0 alpha 6
and imported into Blender 2.56.6 (2.57 was released the day after I started this project and I'll get it soon).
I've been working with armatures, models and makehuman for several months and this is the best success I've had.

This model came into Blender dressed and connected to the armature.
I've edited the clothes to prevent skin from showing through but that's still a problem when the model is posed.
I had one model (using same program versions) come in with a "shrink wrap" modifier and edits to clothes wouldn't appear outside of edit mode. I just deleted that modifier.

The hair is one textured plane, attached with Automatic weights. I've had trouble getting multiple planes following the armature in previous versions. A shoe was created with a plane and textured and duplicated. One is attached with Automatic weights and one with "bone".
I had difficulty getting both shoes to attach to the armature without one shoe distorting.
No weight paints were used.

The facial controls work but I can't figure out what the "sliders" are supposed to do and the model doesn't respond visually to moving the slider controls.

Don't ask me for detailed instructions.... A lot of this experience has been trial and error so I don't always remember the exact path. I'll answer questions if I can.

Hellcat
hellcat546

Re: sucess mhx to Blender 2.56.6

Postby joepal » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:02 am

Easy cheat for the skin-through-clothes problem: Enter edit mode on the human mesh and select all vertices likely to be beneath clothes. Assign the "invisio" material to them. Problem solved.

Since the model is unlikely to strip, this cheat will work in the majority of cases.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman