Why is BlenderTools not on the Plugins Page?

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

Why is BlenderTools not on the Plugins Page?

Postby yogyog » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:16 am

OK - I know I've not posted before... I've known of MakeHuman for a long time, but I've suddenly realised a load of hidden features that make it far better than first I thought! I mean, I never thought it was all that bad, but the fact that, with the right plugins it can have IK RIGS exported to blender makes a huge difference.

Then, after a little more prodding I found, that there was also a quality toolset for posing faces, AND a way to import motion capture files!

But - why are these things so hidden? I understand that they're 3rd-party addons, but could they not get first-page billing? They should be on the feature list.

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... enderTools isn't even on the Plugins page!

Can we get BlenderTools on this page http://www.makehumancommunity.org/content/plugins.html please?

And how about a front page for the site with pictures, a feature list, basically an advert for Makehuman - you know - like you're proud of the software you produce and you want to promote it to people? :D
yogyog

Re: Why is BlenderTools not on the Plugins Page?

Postby Aranuvir » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:03 am

Hm, I've been running MH from source for (almost) ever, so I had to download the windows build to check. And at least here the BlenderTools are bundled with the code. I guess, it's the same for the Linux ppa and the Mac release. Though, there are thoughts for the future, to break out the plug-ins from the other code and maintain them separately.
Aranuvir

Postby yogyog » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:14 pm

It's just that all these really good plugins are hidden to such an extent that there's every chance you don't know they exist. Just make them more public.
yogyog

Postby RobBaer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:47 pm

yogyog wrote:It's just that all these really good plugins are hidden to such an extent that there's every chance you don't know they exist. Just make them more public.

Your point about not doing a good job of explaining what MH can do is well taken. Most of us have been doing it for so long that we make assumptions about what everybody else knows. Of course, this is also a matter of time. Given a choice between keeping it bug-free and fully cross-platform functional we do tend to short-suit the PR end of things.

Thanks for the comments ... Maybe we can do a little to self-promote MH and its many features on the home page of the community site now that it has become the official MH location. If only we could get just free up a little time from our "real life" as well ... :)
RobBaer

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman