unmodified rigify rig?

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

unmodified rigify rig?

Postby mzprox » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:32 pm

Hi!

I'd really like to have an option for unmodified rigify rig. Is there a chance or some workaorund to have it? was it existed in previous versions maybe?

thanks
mzprox

Re: unmodified rigify rig?

Postby RobBaer » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:57 pm

Currently, there is not a way to directly export this rig to FBX from within MH (that I know of). However, if you export your MH model as .mhx2, you can add the rigify rig during import to Blender by:
  • Checking override Exported Data in the left panel
  • Selecting Rigify in the rigging panel

In all honesty, I don't have lots of direct experience with the rigify rig, so I hope I'm not misleading you too badly.

rigify.png
rigify rig
RobBaer

Postby mzprox » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:31 am

I knew about these options, but exported rigify does nothing (afaik) just gives the rig you selected in MH. The "just" rigify option gives a heavily modified rigify rig, but with too man extra bones.
mzprox

Postby RobBaer » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:14 pm

I think i remember that Darrin Lile talks about Rigify from MakeHuman somewhere in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2MGttB1E7U

Hope it helps. If it doesn't offer anything helpful, sorry for the noise, but again not something with which I have personal experience. :(
RobBaer

Postby mzprox » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:16 pm

I found that MH 1.0, with mhx 1 exporter/importer had the option for plain rigify rig, but this option was removed unfortunately. I wanted rigify rig because I already have a workflow using and moving it to unreal (while it's also compatibel with the default unreal animations). I will experiment with the other rigs, maybe they are also good.
mzprox

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman