How do I make a pose in blender without it deforming in MH?

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

How do I make a pose in blender without it deforming in MH?

Postby 20xxjohn » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:26 am

Hi everyone,
I am having a problem with Makehuman.
I want to make poses for Makehuman in Blender... Unfortunately, after exporting as MHX2, importing it to Blender as MHX2, posing it, saving it as a bvh and then putting it in Makehuman's pose library - my pose gets all deformed within makehuman when i selected it! Especially when I try to add a pose based on the T-pose or try to move the shoulder joints...

I really need the EXACT poses I'm making in Blender to be on a different body type made in Makehuman... For example if I make a pose of a guy mesh pointing a gun in blender... I want to also reuse that pose on a girl mesh or a kid mesh of different heights.

Can someone please help me?

Is there a different program I should use for making MakeHuman compatible poses?
20xxjohn

Re: How do I make a pose in blender without it deforming in

Postby loki1950 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:37 am

Not sure if you are doing this but before you export to mhx2 uncheck the feet on ground option on the upper left of the export tab.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby 20xxjohn » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:53 am

loki1950 wrote:Not sure if you are doing this but before you export to mhx2 uncheck the feet on ground option on the upper left of the export tab.

Enjoy the Choice :)

I think I did try to do that with the feet on ground option unchecked and it still deformed...

I did find a type of solution most favorable for my purposes... The ability to transfer a pose I've made in blender in one mesh to a different makehuman mesh with the same skeleton rig (but it is only within blender itself).
I found it here: http://blender.stackexchange.com/questi ... to-another

As far as making poses for makehuman goes, however, the issue remains... It still deforms.
20xxjohn

Postby joepal » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:39 am

Just checking: Are you working with the "default" rig, and not using any overrides when importing with mhx2?

Can you post a screenshot of how the deformation looks? (preferably side-by-side with blender and MH)
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby PellePetimeter » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:52 pm

I am a newbie myself så forgive me if I get this all wrong. But there is at bug in Blender that makes the export of a pose to bvh-format not working correctly. You can read about it here: http://bugtracker.makehumancommunity.org/issues/758

If I have understood it correctly you need to replace the Blender plugin file export_bvh.py with the one provided in the bug repport.

Sorry to say. I have done that but it still doesen't work at all for me. I am quite frustraded by the matter. :?
PellePetimeter

Postby punkduck » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:26 pm

20xxjohn wrote:I think I did try to do that with the feet on ground option unchecked and it still deformed...

I did find a type of solution most favorable for my purposes... The ability to transfer a pose I've made in blender in one mesh to a different makehuman mesh with the same skeleton rig (but it is only within blender itself).
I found it here: http://blender.stackexchange.com/questi ... to-another

As far as making poses for makehuman goes, however, the issue remains... It still deforms.

Do you export the T-pose or A-pose from MH? I've done some poses here. In MH export the standard A pose! Normally it works fine. I do all the posing in Blender 2.78 and export only one frame in the BVH format.
Only thing I've to do: change one value in the last line of the BVH file, so that the character does not hover above the ground. I guess that was the bug in 758, but it is not distorted.

If only the arms of the imported files point in the wrong direction, then it was the T-pose, otherwise I've no idea what is different between your and my version of Blender.
punkduck

Postby blindsaypatten » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:02 pm

My bet is on punkduck having the issue right, you need to do posing with an MH character exported with the default skeleton in the default pose as the pose will be the changes you applied to your starting pose applied to the default pose, not the sum of the starting pose and your changes. See this earlier thread where I raised the issue:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14106
blindsaypatten

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman