mhx2 export in blender doesn't have a rig

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

Re: mhx2 export in blender doesn't have a rig

Postby blindsaypatten » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:54 pm

loki1950 wrote:MHX2 is on the export tab of files there is no bvh export just make sure that you have actually have a skeleton selected on the Pose /Animate tab the default one works best if you do not see mhx2 as an option on the Files--Export tab then you placed the exporter plug-in in the wrong folder or did not activate it on the Settings--Plug-ins tab.

The export tab has a Rig format section with a single option: Biovision Hierarchy BVH. The community wiki says:

MakeHuman currently only supports one rig format: BVH.

If BVH is selected, it is anticipated that built in animations will be saved to the export directory. As of the MakeHuman 1.1.0, there is no offical support for model animation from within MakeHuman. Thus, selecting this export type is of limited value. If you are interested in using BVH files created by other programs with the MakeHuman model, you may wish to read the documentation on the MAKEWALK -- LINK NEEDED Addon.

It would appear to me that this option is there to support exporting animations from within MH, which MH doesn't support. From this thread it also appears that this option can confuse users. Maybe the option ought to be removed or disabled unless/until animation support is added/enabled?

As a newbie, I could also see the logic of moving/duplicating/displaying the "Rig presets" selection from the Pose/Animate skeleton tab to the Exports tab, and in the case of moving it remove the Animate from the Pose/Animate tab label. If skeletons don't have any effect within MH then they are really an export option right?

In an ideal world there would be some sort of link from the Exports tab to the exports tab documentation at http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... le_formats
but I don't think there is equivalent documentation for the other tabs so maybe not. Alternatively, something like Blender's tooltips, which give some info about anything you hover the mouse over, would be great. I know, add it myself.
blindsaypatten

Re: mhx2 export in blender doesn't have a rig

Postby loki1950 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:32 pm

That animation tab with in MH is from our alpha versions where it did work to show bvh's that are stored in the external bvh folder of makehuman in your home folder for Linux and OSX while it was in the My Documents\makehuman folder on Windows the code is still there it just does not work at present it needs some bug-fixes to bring it up to date rest of the code.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Previous

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman