Blender Freezes when loading BVH to Imported MHX2 import

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

Blender Freezes when loading BVH to Imported MHX2 import

Postby Grimology » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:42 pm

Ok. I'm somewhat of a newbie, and I have read the manual pages and done some other clicking around trying to find a solution to this. I've created a female model in Makehuman, exported using the MHX2 exporter, and imported into blender. The model comes in nicely, textures and all, and the rig works.

So, I have next to no animating experience what so ever, and I kinda don't want to invest the time just yet, but I've seen youtube movies of people doing this like it not a darn thing. So I followed an example, downloaded a bvh and enabled MakeWalk.

I try using the MakeWalk tool, and I select that load and retarget, and load a bvh that was available at this website : http://accad.osu.edu/research/mocap/mocap_data.htm
I'm specifically trying the basic female walk bvh. But when I select that bvh, the whole deal just locks up and I'm forced to use the task manager to kill blender.

Here are some other details that I would think to ask someone in my position:
Blender 2.76b (on a MSI stacked laptop) and Blender 2.77(on a Windows Surface Pro 4)
mhx2 importer 0.27
MakeTarget 1.1.0
MakeWalk 1.1.0

In Makehuman program :
Rig Bones : Default
Topology : Female Muscle 13442
Texture Skin: Youn Caucasin female

Now, at first I tried to keep it simple, but I have tried messing with the import options, like switching to Rigify and MHX, with no affect. To be honest, haven't tried the others on the list.
Without a little box telling me what failed, I feel like I'm stabbing in the dark about what is wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.
Grimology

Re: Blender Freezes when loading BVH to Imported MHX2 import

Postby Grimology » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:54 pm

Ok, I don't know why, but after some patients and trying it several times, it finally worked.
I would like to note that the first three times, I left it go while I did research on the issue. atleast 2 mins would pass with each attempt.

I tried it another random time. nothing special, no change in the import options, and it functioned after about 75 seconds... maybe its just my system, but I had success.
If anyone has any thoughts, I still want to hear them.
Grimology

Re: Blender Freezes when loading BVH to Imported MHX2 import

Postby loki1950 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:22 pm

That import time seems right about what I get with my laptop.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman