Make loop and bake animation with MakeWalk

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

Make loop and bake animation with MakeWalk

Postby drzx » Thu May 19, 2016 11:58 pm

I succesfully add .bvh using MakeWalk and make the model walk or even dance. I want to make loop and bake the animation. Since I can't find the doc yet, please anybody help me wuth this.?
drzx

Re: Make loop and bake animation with MakeWalk

Postby john6453 » Fri May 20, 2016 1:06 pm

how you did that?can you post more info or a mini tutorial please? :)
john6453

Postby drzx » Sat May 21, 2016 3:15 am

john6453 wrote:how you did that?can you post more info or a mini tutorial please? :)

How did I add the .bvh? Because I broke my newest version blender I didn't try on newest blender. But I think how to do is the same. I did like this:
1. Make model with MH. Add cloth and hair you like. But maybe no shoes. I fail with shoe. It look weird when animated. Add bones. For example foe game. I din't another actualy. pick the material.
2. Export to .mhx2. you need plugin.
3. Import it to Blender. You need addon for improter. Fix the texture and material.
4. To make the model walk you need MakeWalk. It's MH Blender tool. But you need .bvh file too. You can download that for free. Just google it. For dancing I think you can get the .bvh from cgspeed. I think You may you the .bvh for DAZ or the other. You need to fix it on Blender anyway.
5. Then, click the bone. Find MakeWalk somewhere on the left. And find retarget button. Click it. A window to pick the .bvh file open. Pick the .bvh file. You can play the animation.
6. but for nice look you need to fix it. Click to the begining animation (1) on the timeline in the bottom. Usually the clavicle bones are too low. Right click. Drag it. ANd on the MakeWalk find Edit global. Push a button. I dont remember wich one. If succeed it will play nicely.

Sorry about my English and the ridiculous tutorial.
drzx

Postby john6453 » Sat May 21, 2016 6:41 pm

Thabks a lot for detailed reply :).! unfortunately my old xp insist not to load blender yet.if i can find a solution i will try it.thanks a lot!
john6453

Postby joepal » Sat May 21, 2016 7:29 pm

Didn't blender drop support for a bunch of old windows version one of the last few releases? Don't remember where I read that though.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby loki1950 » Sat May 21, 2016 9:36 pm

They did indeed drop support for XP for sure :| Might be time to try a Linux distro if you want the keep using current software as blender is not the only app that is dropping XP and some Vista and Win7 as well that's mostly with games though.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby drzx » Sat May 21, 2016 10:44 pm

An answer to myself. Somebody on other forum share me a complete tutorial. Here: https://vtsdemozone.org/2016/02/18/usin ... s-in-jme3/
Didn't try that yet. But i think it helps.
drzx

Postby ejfuhr » Thu May 26, 2016 12:46 pm

tutorial for Makewalk and MhX2 are here:
https://thomasmakehuman.wordpress.com/makewalk/
ejfuhr

Postby drzx » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:45 pm

I found MH doc page saved in my computer recently. And I found this..
edit-action.png

Loop Animation

Create a loop of the action between two selected time markers, by blending the keyframes in the beginning and end of the loop. This is useful e.g. to create walk and run cycles for games. For good results, the poses at the beginning and end of the selected region should be similar.

Blend Range: The number of keyframes used for blending.
Loop in place: Remove the X and Y components of the root bone's location.
Loop F-curves: Loop the animation.

Repeat Animation
Repeat the action between two selected time markers. The actions should preferably be looped before it is repeated, to make the beginning and end match seamlessly.

Repeat Number: The number of repetitions.
Repeat F-curves: Repeat the animation.

After try and try actually it simple. This is what I do..
1. Bake animation to frames I want to make loop. For example from frame 20 to 60.
2. Mark the start and end animation and
make sure both selected.
3. Set bend range (exp: 5). Check loop in place if want to loop in place.
4. Pres Loop F-curves button. Viola! Here it is a loop animation.
drzx

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman