new OpenSIM/SL Skeleton, more than 26 bones

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

new OpenSIM/SL Skeleton, more than 26 bones

Postby jone9081 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:50 pm

I've been using the older skeleton, OPENSIM.MHSKEL, successfully with MK 1.1.1 by exporting .DAE files from MH then importing to Blender and exporting with the SLRigging to .DAE for Upload to OpenSIM. Working great! I just use the OpenSIM/SL avatar eyes and not the polyeyes from MH. I'm happy to share the .DAE files (no textures) if anyone is interested I could post to the Forum download section.
so Two Questions...
1. I notice that, while the .DAE files import great to OpenSIM but I get and error importing to SL (missing MAS?) .. any fix for that?
2. Has anyone developed a more detailed skeleton yet that supports the additional bones ... fingers etc?

Great Software! Thanks!
jone9081

Re: new OpenSIM/SL Skeleton, more than 26 bones

Postby jone9081 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:40 am

I did figure out the import error for SL. I just needed to toggle load textures in the upload dialog box in SL. Works great so long as I use lowest settings.
jone9081

Re: new OpenSIM/SL Skeleton, more than 26 bones

Postby drwhojohnsmith » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:41 am

:o Load texures! you can Load textures I didn't know can you make an avatar or just a model
drwhojohnsmith

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman