Problem making shoes with Makeclothes

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

Problem making shoes with Makeclothes

Postby cmee » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:47 pm

Hi,

I were creating some sandals to Makehuman with Blender and Makeclothes addon but It not works. When I click make clothes, I didn't obtain any error. Nevertheless, when I go to Makehuman and I selected my sandals nothing happened, nothing appears.

Anybody could help me, please?

Thanks
cmee

Re: Problem making shoes with Makeclothes

Postby Aranuvir » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:04 pm

Any error massages in MakeHuman?
Aranuvir

Postby cmee » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:17 pm

No, nothing
cmee

Postby Aranuvir » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:41 pm

Hard to believe nothing happens and there are no error messages. In this case restart from scratch.
Aranuvir

Postby RobBaer » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:56 pm

cmee wrote:Hi,

I were creating some sandals to Makehuman with Blender and Makeclothes addon but It not works. When I click make clothes, I didn't obtain any error. Nevertheless, when I go to Makehuman and I selected my sandals nothing happened, nothing appears.

Thanks

You will need to produce more detailed step by step description of what you are doing, if we are to help you. Details about what you load, what buttons you push in what order, whether or not there is any activity apparent in Blender when you generate the clothes. Do the fields populate in the MakeClothes panel? What does,"but It not works" mean? What did you use as your human? Did you make custom vertex groups? Did you make vertex groups at all? Have you made clothes previously and its just the sandals that are a problem or have you never gotten any clothes to work? What version of MakeHuman and/or Blender are you using? You get the idea of some of the information you could provide.

If you go to your home (documents) folder and look at ~/makehuman/v1/data/clothes/, do you see a sandals folder with the name you used in makeclothes?
RobBaer

Postby punkduck » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:32 pm

cmee wrote:Hi,

Thanks

You was successful creating the sandals, because no error occured. MH knows about the asset, because you are able to select it in MH.

Hmm, even I had such a problem. But the reason was really simple, I believe, you have no materials added to the assets (.mhclo file does not contain an material entry).

To check that: In MH, select utilities, material editor. Are you able to select the assets (the sandals should appear in 'clothes' region)? If so select them and set shader to none, then change e.g. specular, ambient and diffuse color. If all faces face to the wrong direction, delete the backface culling box ... now you should see something.

If this was your problem: then in blender: add a material to the sandals, so that the .mhclo file will hold the line. If all faces are in wrong direction, recalculate normals.

Also very important is, that Blender and Makehuman are able to write in the directory, where you put your assets. It should not be the location where you installed MH which is normally (at least on my MAC) only writable for root/administrator. MH generates two binaries after it finds the .mhclo and .obj in the directory. RobBaer asks for the contence of the directory ... it is only ASCII generated by Blender, so it is possible that we find the reason ;)
punkduck

Postby cmee » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:49 am

Hi!

Thanks for your help. Sorry for not answer before, I supose that I would be notified by email. :?

@RobBaer:

I made other clothes in blender with makeclothes. Only sandals not work, so I ask for it because I don't know if it needs another extra configuration in Makeclothes.

I created my sandals with the help of man model of Makeclothes. Then I eliminated all other materials to have only one... tris/quards... Create Vertex groups... and finally I push Make Clothes. And the carpet were created. No errors, fantastic.

Then I go to MakeHuman... I found my sandals in the list. I choosed, and where are they? Nothing is.

Make Human 1.1 Blender 2.77

@punkduck

The folder contains the material... But i wuold like to prove with material editor, but I cannot activated. In fcat when I choose any modification in Makehuman settings like language... not work when Irestart.

Thanks for all
cmee

Postby RobBaer » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:13 pm

cmee wrote:
The folder contains the material... But i wuold like to prove with material editor, but I cannot activated. In fcat when I choose any modification in Makehuman settings like language... not work when Irestart.

Thanks for all

Go to the settings plugins tab and make sure the material editor plugin is checked. If not, check it and restart makehuman.

When you look in C:\Users\cmee\Documents\makehuman\v1\data\clothes\sandles, do you see both the .mhmat file and the .png file for your sandles material or is there a materials subfolder with those files in it. If the latter, make sure that line 16 (about - depending on how many tags you have) of your sandles.mhclo file is written as
Code: Select all
material ./materials/sandles.mhmat
not just material sandles.mhmat

If MakeHuman really doesn't start when, we need to see the makehuman.log file in ~/makehuman/v1/makehuman.log to help find out what is happening.

There may be some issues with translation files right now if you have changed away from the default. If this is the case, you might delete your settings.ini file in ~/makehuman/v1/ A new one with default settings should be generated automatically when you restart.
RobBaer

Postby cmee » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:44 pm

I try it. But it seems that program not recognize the file settings.ini

I have materials/clothes/sandals and insite all files generated.

On the other hand I cannot found any log file. I found a makehuman-debug.txt. is it?

Thanks for help
cmee

Postby loki1950 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:44 am

[quote] I found a makehuman-debug.txt. is it?{/quote]

Yes that's the log file and there should also be an other called makehuman.log which is just a text file as well though Windows may not let you open it with notepad download/install notepad++ if you want to have look it's also useful for editing any MH saved file that may have Linux line endings which are different from Windows/DOS line endings.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman